Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Connoisseur of Beauteousness



I love to watch beautiful women. Now I understand that it is an odd statement to make considering I am myself a woman. But I assure you, I am straight. I love to watch everything God has created. When I am alone, I love to see the wind blow through the dappled greens of the trees, the way a squirrel rushes up and down of it. The birds in the sky…the clouds – each with a different story to tell. Isn’t all the beauty of the world overwhelming? Sometimes I just feel my heart can’t take it anymore and it would just explode with wonderment!
Woman – God does take time to create some beautiful faces. This is dedicated to that pretty lady I saw in the women’s compartment of metro in the blue line while returning from college. She had snow white skin, exquisitely shaped nose, rose pink petite lips and a tall scrawny frame. I kept watching her for about 30 minutes right from Dwarka mor to Rajiv Chowk station. Now you must think me a pervert!
These days it is so difficult to appreciate a woman if you are a woman yourself! That day I scared off an old school friend of mine - because I asked her to grant me the access of her albums on facebook – because she is so beautiful. Hah! Obviously she got freaked out and I got totally mortified, is it not unfair that it is considered unnatural for a woman to be able to appreciate another? Why is ‘envy’ the only feeling that is considered ‘natural’ between two women? Since I am not supposed to whine in this post, I would abstain from mentioning how hypocritical this thing is.
This picture above in my post is of Amelia Vega who became the Miss Universe in 2003, when I was in 8th standard. I was gaping at the TV screen whenever she appeared on it. The female body is so beautiful – God’s best creation I’d say. So mesmerising.
I think I must stop telling women how beautiful they are because it just gets creepy. I am never in a position to explain it to them that ‘Hello, I am straight as hell – I have enough crushes to prove that to you’ but….er… it’s awkward. I think I must keep my distance now. Sex is so overrated – people think attraction = sexual attraction. There are men whose faces and bodies too I adore, but that doesn’t necessarily mean I want to go to bed with them! So is the case with women. (I was checking out Barbara Mori as much as Hrithik in ‘Kites’). I attribute this habit of mine to the fact that I am the daughter of an artist. My mom has always appreciated the female face and body. I have seen her sketches of the nude study. And that perhaps is the reason of my liberal attitude.
So I think people should just start thinking beyond the baser instincts of the man. Appreciation of beauty has nothing to do with my hormonal activity per se.




16 comments:

Piyush said...

I can totally relate with your thoughts. Nice post!!

uru said...

totally!!! !!!! :-) Felt i was kinda reading my own thoughts via YOUR WORDS. ;-)

Anonymous said...

that being said, i don't know why beauty is associated with slim and fair females, longer noses, and red lips. beauty is beauty, how dare you characterize it?

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you look. I don't want to know how you look. But the association here seems more with yourself than with others. You find other females beautiful, a particular sort, because you think you belong to the same class. If only you are fat and pimpled on your face, only then your post is more than just self-appreciation and not as obnoxious.

Manee said...

@anonymous
Hehe...
I see that you cannot imagine your life without my blog :P

Anyways...whatever you may think or say, "fat and pimpled-faced" girls may be beautiful to me...but the male species does not think so- can not think so.
It is not a matter of humility to refrain from categorizing female faces into 'beautiful' and 'non-beautiful', but rather a matter of biology. The testosterone and the pheromones which, per se, have to make such distinctions in order to select the healthier people over the others for the continuation of the species, are responsible for such natural inclination towards petite and slim frames. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to observe that it is not entirely a coincidence that people who are inherently obese suffer from various diseases.
There is a reason why fuller lips are more attractive than slender ones - and it is symbolic of a woman's fertility.( That is why men are crazy about Angelina Jolie and Scarlett Johansson's pout!)

Unfortunately mother nature does not have such a magnanimous heart as yours and somehow a flower has to have a bright color and a pleasant smell for the stamen to successfully 'fertilize' the pistil. It would be very very difficult if mother nature thought about being impartial and created flowers as brown black and noxious smelling while expecting the same results.
Discarding further explanations I'd just say that in my post I have not invented a NEW definition of 'beauty'. It is all over, in case your rudimentary brain failed to observe the obvious. I'd suggest you do some research about sexual psychology. That would tell you that I am not condescending.
PS: You need psychiatric help, no offence.
PPS: And I AM SURE you HAVE seen me. Hence the animosity. No doubt about that.

Manee said...

PPPS : And you are a fat-pimplefaced-jealous little girl. No offence. :P

Jeeka Krishna said...

beauty is beauty
dare is dare
characterization is characterization

anonymous is not even able to justify his own points leave alone jumping into our thoughts and actually try to see the perception we want people to see...
by the way i gotta go and watch baywatch starring pamela anderson..

Manee said...

Talking about pamela...I recall there is a whole other scientific theory about a man's attraction towards 'bigger-boobed' females.
Yeah anonymous, nature is such a bitch! :P

Jeeka Krishna said...

mom showed you her nude female paintings to you????

not to me? thats not liberalism..

Manee said...

She didn't show...I was there when she was cleaning Hawa mahal and she found those...
:P

Anonymous said...

huh !!

Anonymous said...

Man you are good !! Marry me !!

Manee said...

huh?

Prateek Khurana said...

It's been a long time, since I have read something worth reading.... I was just googling stuff when I landed up to your blog....

the above thoughts are much appreciated and immensely respected :)

it is very beautifully written....

The article very well paves the way you see ,think and look the world around.... *bows down*

I was something really really good :) All the best

Prateek Khurana said...

it*

Shubham Goyal said...

Very beautiful...So good ...I can almost c all thz thngs ....It makes me so happy u r so close to God..