Sunday, June 2, 2013

Adios


You have tasted the sharpest
the finest poison of wines.
You are cursed for life, dear!
I did warn you of the signs.

Beauty, pain, love and shame
Oh, they are ever fleeting,
Live it and then forget it
Like life's greatest greeting.

I have learnt, the art of losing,
it ain't that hard to master,
I lost two cities and a soul,
Nay, 'twasn't a disaster.

Think of me years from now,
As you dust me off your mind,
I have stolen a piece of you...
A piece you'll never find.

4 comments:

uru said...

Beautiful .....

Amul said...

अर्ज़ है :
यूँ रास्ते अलग कर लेना
ज़िन्दगी बहुत आसां बना देती है
तकलीफ़ तब ख़ुद को ज्यादा होती है
जब हम गिले से सुलह न कर पाते हैं
इसलिए कहता हूँ ग़ालिब
हर रिश्ते की मर्ज़ सुलह होती है
चाहे रिश्ते टूटें या क़ायम रहें
'गर साथी दिल को अज़ीज़ हो
२ पग और साथ चलने की सुलह कर के तो देखो
शायद ज़िन्दगी और हसीं रहे

Amul said...

That was just as a reply to the poem content and title "adios".. hehe..

nikhil madaan said...

Applauds